As a paralegal, you’ll play an important role in our legal system in a variety of specialized fields such as real estate, litigation, and corporate law offices. When you spend the money to earn a degree, you want to know that those jobs are waiting for you when you graduate. Paralegal graduates can earn a nice salary, depending upon location and company.
The following is a list of top sites where you can find a paralegal job in any field. Some sites focus only on paralegal positions; other sites are within large job boards that contain tools like resume builders and forums. You can also file your resume with a recruiter who will research jobs for you in your location and/or in other parts of the country. No matter how you pursue a career, rest assured plenty of jobs are waiting for you when you graduate from an accredited paralegal degree program.
Paralegal Jobs and Recruiters
- Lawyers Weekly Jobs: This link leads to paralegal positions in a site that focuses solely on job opportunities within the legal community. They also offer legal products and services and an “experts” section that provides leading professionals who work in a variety of specialties.
- LawJobs: A job board offered by Law.com, this site contains jobs by category, company, location, or job title. Related searches include litigation, corporate paralegal, legal secretary, and associate editor.
- Locate Paralegal Jobs: This site offers a highly-targeted, focused job board dedicated entirely to the paralegal and related professions. Unlike larger job boards that have a multi-industry approach, employers can take comfort in the fact that candidates utilizing this job board are definitively interested in pursuing their employment search in the paralegal field.
- Paralegal Jobs: This site provides resume writing services, and you can post your resume. Have jobs emails to you, and pick them according to job title, company, or location. The list shows the most recent posting first.
- Paralegal Jobs Network: This site, part of the Job Board Network, focuses on paralegal positions. Register to create an account, which enables you to email-blast your resume, get career advice, and to learn about upcoming job fairs.
Larger Search Engines
- Career Builder Paralegal Jobs: This job search engine allows users to find a job by category (such as professional services, legal, or administrative), company, city, and state. Unlike some of the larger search engines, this site currently has a little over 1,000 paralegal positions available nationwide, but recruiters list jobs here. This inclusion may provide job opportunities that you won’t find elsewhere.
- CareerJet Paralegal: This link leads to nationwide jobs for paralegals. Narrow the search down by state, and save as an email alert. You also can post your resume at this site.
- Diversity Jobs Paralegal: This job board lists all the U.S. paralegal jobs in their database. Narrow your search by location, or use the advanced search to find jobs on job boards, staffing companies and employer websites.
- Emurse Paralegal Jobs: Emurse is a resume writing site that lists jobs. Using this tool to help you focus your energy on your resume’s contents, rather than wrestling with layout. The tool, resume storage, and online job search all are free. You can even keep track of your past and present colleagues using the Emurse contact manager.
- Glassdoor Paralegal Jobs: This site includes insights from former and current employees on working conditions for many job postings. Glassdoor also provides company overviews so you can learn more about the company posting the position. Currently, this list contains over 5,000 paralegal positions across the U.S.
- Indeed Paralegal Jobs: You can search here for paralegal jobs, or change the description to legal administrative assistant or contract analyst. This site also contains a look at current salaries for these positiongs as well as trends and forums.
- Jobs.net Paralegal Jobs: Post your resume when you create an account, and search through jobs by company or location. Recommended career resources include job search and career advice, salary calculator, resume help, and internship positions.
- Monster Paralegal Jobs: Break your job search down by city and state, or search by job description. This site also has tools that can help you learn more about this position, including degree requirements, salaries, resume tips, and question-and-answer sections. Other career tools include forums, advice, salary comparisons, and articles.
- Simply Hired Paralegal Jobs: This vertical search engine provides dozens of paralegal positions, and you can search for entry-level jobs, too. Related searches include legal assistant, legal secreatary and administrative assistant.
- Top USA Jobs Paralegal: Currently, there are over 5,000 paralegal jobs available on this site. You can narrow the search down by city, state, job title keywords, or job detail keywords. You also can choose to look for jobs by company.
- USA Jobs Paralegal: This link leads to paralegal jobs listed in this database, including company information and the ability to follow a job’s notations. Search by location, and use filters to find top companies in that field.
Specialized Searches & Recruiters
- Association Career Network: This job site offers opportunities for job seekers in the legal profession. Search for jobs, sign up for job alerts, post your resume, and browse positions available throughout the U.S.
- Filcro Legal Staffing: If you want to live and work in New York, this job search site might help. Dozens of New York City law firms and corporations seek paralegal employees, and you can search by field. Some of the jobs listed are in human resources, real estate, litigation, product liability, and immigration.
- Graham Personnel Services: Graham Personnel Services (GPS) has been serving Greensboro, Winston Salem, and High Point with 75 years of combined regional staffing experience. If you live in that area, you might use this service to learn more about paralegal jobs in your area.
- Hire Counsel: For almost two decades Hire Counsel has been and remains focused solely on providing temporary and permanent legal staff to corporate legal departments and law firms nationwide. Now, Hire Counsel is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company through the HCMC Legal, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Search for jobs at this site by location, job type, and special skills.
- LawInfo: Although this site lists jobs found at Indeed, you also can tap into other resources such as free forms, videos, and a legal guide and article library.
- Martindale-Hubbell Career Center: The Martindale-Hubbell Career Center helps attorneys, paralegals, law school students, and legal professionals develop their careers and find legal jobs in law firms, corporations, and other employers of legal talent.
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations Career Center: You don’t need to be a member to search for jobs at this site, but — just as with any other site where you post your resume — you’ll need to register. This job board is custom tailored for the legal industry. Sign up for job alerts after you post your resume.
- Robert Half Legal: Robert Half Legal specializes exclusively in matching highly skilled legal professionals with law firms and corporate legal departments. Their account executives have worked extensively in the legal industry as attorneys or paralegals, and their knowledge is invaluable when assisting clients with unique hiring requirements.
- SF Bay Area Craigslist Paralegal Jobs: This list is for San Francisco Bay area jobs only. If you want to peruse job listings in your area, you’ll need to search for the Craigslist in your area to find that information.
- Special Counsel: Special Counsel claims to be the nation’s leading provider of legal staffing services to corporate legal departments and law firms. They offer contract staffing, search and placement, and document reviews. They also offer insights on latest jobs reports, court reporting, and deposition summaries. Search for legal jobs through their site, including paralegal positions.
- Washington Post Paralegal Jobs: Local companies usually submit these listings, including areas around Washington, DC, in the northern Virginia and Maryland areas. You can create an email alert from this page, so that you can learn about new paralegal job postings in this region.